Earlier this month, rumors were plenty about an update to the model 3 that included very nice new features. Some are taken from the model Y others are “just” part of the constant tweaking an innovation that Tesla is known for.
Tesla Model 3 2021 Changes
Not all of these are confirmed, but so far, this is the list of changes people have observed.
- No more piano-black center console. It’s now changed to a matte finish that gives it a more high end look. It also looks like the center isn’t flipping out anymore and the sides are covered in leather finish.
- Updated steering wheel.
- Updated headlights
- Updated tail lights.
- The chrome frames are gone. I guess Elon saw all the chrome delete work being done and decided to get rid of it, but more likely, it’s for environmental and cost issues.
- Double layered glass on the windows and windshield, should reduce noise in the cabin.
- The frunk has decreased in size to make room for the heat pump, that was previously only available for the Tesla Model Y.
- USB ports in the glove compartment for safe storage of the sentry cam recordings.
- New standard aluminium rims, that are supposedly more aerodynamic.
- Power lift trunk. Yay!
So how do you actually see if your Tesla Model 3 is the 2021 model or not?
It’s quite simple, the VIN number has a letter as the 10th digit and if it’s an L, it’s the 2020 model. If the letter is M, it’s the 2021 model.